Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

Yesterday the kids were driving me insane by 9:00am, so I bundled them and threw them outside to play. Brrrr.....I think it was about 30 degrees.

The prize of the morning was water frozen in a wheelbarrow...which we proceeded to smash about 10 minutes later.

In other news, I'm starting to panic about what to plant and how to go about starting the whole thing. Last year went as planned, one apple tree in and the yard was "de-suburbanized." I'm debating whether just to focus on the chickens this year and let our CSA run for another year and try not stress about growing things...or maybe just put in another fruit tree.

I know Ron wants it to be some mapped out thing to maximize productivity, but I'm thinking I would rather it just evolve organically. I feel confident the land will reveal what it wants to grow if I just give it enough time instead trying to force it, but perhaps I'm just being totally unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment