Saturday, January 24, 2009

More cheese!

Ok, no pictures in this post because really, how many pictures can one have of mozzerella cheese on a blog?

Today I made "chaos cheese" which means I made cheese with 5 children in the house who were all hungry/thirsty/wet/bored/can we play the wii???????

I have found the secret to success is delegation, make one child stir while you get goldfish for the others, another child stirs while you get apple juice and then when things get hectic tell them they need to "work it out themselves." Also, the kid who did the most stirring gets to pick the leftover curds from the bowl and do what they will with them. I have to admit the 20 month old did spend some time in the playpen because she kept falling off the step stool (which is about 5 inches) and then being incredibly dramatic about it when I took the step stool away.

When the cheese was done, I called our handy-neighbor and shuttled all the over-two kids to his house, leaving me with only the toddler and dog.

Speaking of the dog, I was not able to get his groomer scheduled for today, so he's just going to have to smell like a dog when my dad gets here. I made the executive decision that it's worth far more to me to pay the $35 and have someone else wash the dog, than attempt to do it in the bathroom and end up chasing him around the house while he pees on the carpet trying to escape.

Note to self: used 1 teaspoon of salt for the cheese. Will taste test on assorted neighbors shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment